📈 Chief Operations Officer
Johannesburg - Growth & Operations (Full Time) - Start Date: 1 July 2022
🏢 About Tripplo
At Tripplo, our vision is to create the new standard for African road freight logistics. Based in Johannesburg, we are building our own logistics platform that facilitates the safe & efficient movement of cargo across the SADC region. Our award winning platform also gives transporters technology to automate & optimise their operations for significantly better efficiency & profitability. This approach allows us to work towards becoming Africa’s largest transporter without owning a fleet of trucks.
Fast Company recently awarded us South Africa’s 2021 Most Innovative Company in South Africa and we were named AfricaArena’s Best Johannesburg Start-up in 2020.
💭 The Role
Tripplo is looking for a Chief Growth & Operations Officer (COO) to join the Senior Leadership Team who will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief FinancialOfficer & the Chief Technology Officer, to drive high-growth expansion of the business into multiple geographies.
The COO will play a vital & strategic role in leading the company’s high-growth & expansion by driving efforts in: sales (demand & supply), growth, marketing, business development, fulfilment, account management, customer success & strategic partnerships.
- Fast growth of the company’s sales across all geographies that Tripplo operates in.
- Creating & executing a marketing & PR strategy to attract cargo customers & transporters to the Tripplo platform.
- Generating new sales of high lifetime-value cargo customers mainly on the private marketplace, with less focus on the public marketplaces.
- Efficient attraction, onboarding, setting up, training, support & retention of cargo owners & cargo brokers.
- Onboarding& retaining a sustainable supply of new transporters for the public marketplace.
- Ensuring effective account management to maximise customer lifetime value across the demand & supply side of the business.
- Increasing loads fulfilment across the private & public marketplaces as well as fulfilment of ancillary services offered through the Tripplo platform.
- Brokering & managing strategic partnerships at commercial & product levels.
- Performance management with key metrics that can be surfaced.
- Managing the commercial functions including pricing across multiple revenue streams &customer deal negotiations, in conjunction with the growth team.
🎓 Key Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- Minimum 10 years of growth & operations experience.
- Proven track record of results growing sales.
- Experience working in a logistics technology company an added advantage.
- Experience working in a start-up or high growth business critical.
- Strong planning & execution skills.
- Experience hiring & managing subordinate teams.
- Hands-on approach & problem-solving abilities critical.
- International expansion experience an added advantage.
- Strategic view of finance & accounting with ability to dive into the detail.
- Passion for technology & logistics with high propensity to learn quickly.
- Creative problem solving & ability to work under high levels of pressure.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship skills & ability to work with people at all levels within an organisation.
- Strong teamwork & cross collaboration capabilities.
- You will have the opportunity to partner with the founder to build & influence the financial elements of the company as part of the founding team.
- You will participate in the company’s shareholding through an employee share option program (ESOP).
- Working in an exciting start-up environment that is scaling into a global company, with your involvement at the forefront of that global scaling efforts.
- Ability to create a business function to your satisfaction with high autonomy
- You will get exposed to a fantastic investor network & blue-chip partner operations that Tripplo has partnered with.
- Ability to grow withSouth Africa as well into other geographies.
😎 Our Culture
- We foster a fun & interpersonal environment.
- We value & support each other as a team to ensure each team member realises their full potential & ultimately deliver quality as a team for all of our stakeholders.
- We welcome a diverse range of opinions, partners & doers in the journey.
- We ensure that feedback flows consistently & we continuously improve ourselves in all we do.
- We have a strong bias towards action
- We collaborate with teams from different parts of the world, different cultures, different time zones & different exposures which exposes you to different ways of working
- We give a high level of independence for you to foster & grow as an individual
- We are also incorporating new ways of working that are enhanced by technology
🪜 The Process
- Submit your CV, cover letter & other relevant application documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you fit the criteria, you will take part in a 30-minute telephonic interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to our offices for a 1-hour in-person interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to meet the Board of Directors & Advisors,
- If successful, Tripplo will conduct reference & background checks,
- If successful, you will receive a formal offer letter,
- If all parties are happy, we will onboard you onto the team with the signing of the employment contract & ESOP agreement.