💻 Data Engineer
Remote (Full Time)
🏢 About Tripplo
At Tripplo, our vision is to create the new standard for African road freight logistics. Based in Johannesburg, we are building our own logistics platform that facilitates the safe & efficient movement of cargo across the SADC region. Our award winning platform also gives transporters technology to automate & optimise their operations for significantly better efficiency & profitability. This approach allows us to work towards becoming Africa’s largest transporter without owning a fleet of trucks.
Fast Company recently awarded us South Africa’s 2021 Most Innovative Company in South Africa and we were named AfricaArena’s Best Johannesburg Start-up in 2020.
💭 The Role
Over the next two years Tripplo’s plan is to expand it’s footprint globally. To do this it will need a team of highly experienced Software Developers and related technologists.
We offer a high growth potential environment where you will be able to make decisions that affect the development of our platform. You will be exposed to a wide variety of technologies, especially in the cloud service space (Amazon WebServices)
Tripplo is seeking aData Engineer whose primary function is to build our data pipelines in AWS, analyze data and provide visualizations and real-time reports to internal team members and external stakeholders.
👀 Minimum Requirements
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, or similar field
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or similar role
- PowerBI Experience
- Solid understanding of machine learning
- Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques
- A knack for statistical analysis and predictive modelling
- Good knowledge of R, Python and MATLAB
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- A business mindset
- Diplomacy, strategy, and decision-making skills
- Ability to mobilize resources to translate ideas into action
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to stick to time constraints
- Exposure working in a start-up environment
- Working in a Scrum / Agile environment
- Experience with AWS Data lakes and Data pipelines
- Some Back-End experience and/or the desire to work in this area.
- Must have solid reliable high-speed internet with ability to have video teleconferencing daily
🪜 The Process
- Submit your CV, cover letter and links (Github/Gitlab/Portfolio etc) to email@example.com
- If you fit the criteria, you will take part in a 30-minute telephonic interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to our offices for a 1-hour in-person interview,
- If successful, you will be given a case study for you to solve & present back,
- If successful, Tripplo will conduct reference & background checks,
- If successful, you will receive a formal offer letter,
- If all parties are happy, we will onboard you onto the team.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful.