🚛 Fulfilment Manager
Johannesburg - Fulfilment (Full Time)
🏢 About Tripplo
At Tripplo, our vision is to create the new standard for African road freight logistics by reinventing the way cargo moves. Headquartered in Johannesburg, our award winning road-freight logistics platform facilitates the safe & efficient movement of cargo between cargo customers & transporters across the African region. The platform also automates & optimises operations for transporters to significantly improve their efficiency & profitability whilst moving them away from manual operations.
In 2021, Fast Company awarded us South Africa’s Most Innovative Company in SouthAfrica alongside being named AfricArena’s Best Johannesburg Start-up in 2020.
💭 The Role
Tripplo is looking for a Fulfilment Operations Consultant (FOC)/Fulfilment Manager in its Johannesburg, South Africa office. The FOC will be part of Tripplo’s GrowthTeam and will be responsible for managing & ensuring high levels customer satisfaction through operational excellence.
This will be done primarily through benchmark standards of execution by building a strong & committed base of transporter supplier / subcontractors. Understanding the cargo customer requirements is critical for this role as the FOC will then ensure adequate qualified & vetted capacity is available contractually & ad-hoc forSouth Africa & Southern African regions.
- Understanding & mapping out cargo customer capacity requirements into truck requirements.
- Own the SLAs for the assigned customer accounts. I.e. truck indent vs truck placement performance, transit time adherence, percentage of incident free trips, etc.
- Keep accurate records & documents of trucks, trailers & drivers from the outsourced transporters.
- Accountable for the monthly, quarterly & annual trip, revenue and margin targets for the set of assigned customer accounts
- Ensure timely invoice submission and timely collections from the assigned set of customer accounts
- Share performance MIS with clients on SLAs on agreed frequency. Lead monthly Tripplo operations performance review meeting with customer
- Identifying, market to & on-board high quality transporters as Tripplo partners or subcontractors.
- Effective onboarding (adherence to on boarding process) & setting upof new transporters on the Tripplo platform.
- Improve utilisation of existing transporters on the Tripplo platform,.I.e. number of trips / truck per month for each on- boarded transporter. Performance management of active transporters
- Owning the contracting process for securing the regular supply of trucks.
- Conduct electronic & manual vetting & verifying transporter companies & their fleet (trucks, trailers & drivers) to ensure that compliance information is up to date.
- Providing training & guidance to transporters on the various features that drive technology adoption. Help active transporters increase their revenue from the Tripplo platform
- Maintaining solid relationships at all levels with transporters(Operational, Administrative & management) to help them maximise on revenue generated from the Tripplo platform.
- Run & maintain strategic regular feedback & check-in meetings with transporters to foster long-term strategic relationships.
- Ensure high fulfilment rates of cargo customer loads through the transporters on Tripplo.
- Regularly checking GIT cover for active transporters.
- Actively requesting quotations from transporters for various lanes that can be readily presented to the cargo customers.
- Conduct weekly loads planning with transporters aligned to cargo customer capacity requirements.
- Ensure that transporters are paid timeously & keep track of transporter payments.
- Maintain professional administration & perfect records of every load issued and fulfilled through the Tripplo platform,
- Provide reports of transporter commitments & performance, ultimately sharing key learnings with the team.
🎓 Key Requirements
- More than 6 years in the logistics space.
- Experience working with transporters within South Africa & cross border across SADC.
- Start-up experience advantageous.
- Good communication skills - especially in English.
- Ability to work with people at various levels of an organisation.
- Working well with computer productivity tools, role will be mostly technological.
- Driver’s license & ability to travel.
- Ability to work across multiple cultures.
- Flexible schedule - ability to work in evenings & weekends.
- Self-starter who doesn’t need supervision.
- Teamwork - ability to work across multiple teams.
- Managing different projects & stakeholders at the same time.
- Effective time management in order to complete daily and weekly objectives.
- Creative problem solving.
- You will be building innovative world-class technology that is creating the new standard for African road-freight.
- You will be working in an exciting fast moving start-up environment where you can practise and harness your creativity and innovation.
- You have the freedom to grow your responsibilities inside a constantly evolving company.
- You will have access to & learn from the global strategic partnerships &network that Tripplo has build
😎 Our Culture
- We foster a fun & interpersonal environment.
- We value & support each other as a team to ensure each team member realises their full potential & ultimately deliver quality as a team for all of our stakeholders.
- We welcome a diverse range of opinions, partners & doers in the journey.
- We ensure that feedback flows consistently & we continuously improve ourselves in all we do.
- We have a strong bias towards action.
- We collaborate with teams from different parts of the world, different cultures, different time zones & different exposures which exposes you to different ways of working.
- We give a high level of independence for you to foster & grow as an individual
- We are also incorporating new ways of working that are enhanced by technology
🪜 The Process
- Submit your CV, cover letter & other relevant application documentation to email@example.com
- If you fit the criteria, you will take part in a 30-minute telephonic interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to our offices for a 1-hour in-person interview,
- If successful, you will be given a case study for you to solve & present back,
- If successful, Tripplo will conduct reference & background checks,
- If successful, you will receive a formal offer letter,
- If all parties are happy, we will onboard you onto the team.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful.