💻 Full-Stack Engineer
Johannesburg - Engineering (Full Time)
🏢 About Tripplo
At Tripplo, our vision is to create the new standard for African road freight logistics. Based in Johannesburg, we are building our own logistics platform that facilitates the safe & efficient movement of cargo across the SADC region.
Our award-winning platform also gives transporters technology to automate & optimise their operations for significantly better efficiency & profitability. This approach allows us to work towards becoming Africa’s largest transporter without owning a fleet of trucks.
💭 The Role
Tripplo is looking for a qualified & experienced Full-Stack Engineer to join its growing Engineering Team. The Full-Stack Engineer will play a pivotal role in Tripplo’s innovation drive by ensuring that the user-interface (UI) & user-experience (UX) is implemented according to design principles as well as customer requirements, as well as maintaining and developing microservices that are performant, secure and highly available. This role will work closely with the engineering, design & product teams.
- Take part in every stage of development from concept, design, code to deployment.
- Write clean, functional code on the front- and back-end
- Design and implement testing strategies to increase the intrinsic value of the product
- Improve and create internal tooling to drive efficiency.
- Work closely with engineers and other business stakeholders to understand problems holistically.
- Rethink and provide optimizations to existing workflows regarding product delivery.
- Maintain and contribute to our design system and component library.
- Ensure that all our APIs and data meet industry grade security standards
- Create and maintain software development pipelines
- Monitor usage of AWS services and other third-party integrations
- Ensure data integrity is high for reporting purposes
- Ensure all services are documented
- Design and maintain reliable microservices that can scale
- Ensure service visibility through monitoring.
🎓 Key Requirements
- Minimum of 4 years of working experience
- Experience with Typescript is helpful
- Intermediate knowledge of React, HTML and CSS
- Understanding of overall business fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of using Jest and React Testing Library
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Strong knowledge of state management (Redux)
- Strong knowledge of Git
- Good understanding of REST and GraphQL
- 1+ years of experience working with AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SES)
- Good communication skills - especially in English
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to what the company needs.
- Experience with Figma
- Ability to work with people from different cultures
- Strong bias towards action
- Willingness to learn and also teach others
- Ability to manage different projects & stakeholders at the same time
- Creative problem solving skills
- Nice to have: Exposure to Webpack
- You will have the opportunity to partner with the business founder & influence strategy as a technical leader of the business
- Potential to participate in Tripplo’s employee share option program (ESOP)
- You will be working in an exciting start-up environment where you can practise & harness your creativity & innovation.
- You will have an opportunity to be part of a founding team of a high-potential start-up with global ambition
- Tripplo has built very strategic partnerships & is backed by some global organisations in Africa which you will also have access to.
😎 Our Culture
- We foster a fun & interpersonal environment.
- We value & support each other as a team to ensure each team member realises their full potential & ultimately deliver quality as a team for all of our stakeholders.
- We welcome a diverse range of opinions, partners & doers in the journey.
- We ensure that feedback flows consistently & we continuously improve ourselves in all we do.
- We have a strong bias towards action
- We collaborate with teams from different parts of the world, different cultures, different time zones & different exposures which exposes you to different ways of working
- We give a high level of independence for you to foster & grow as an individual
- We are also incorporating new ways of working that are enhanced by technology
🪜 The Process
- Read through the job description carefully and assess if you fit the requirements,
- Submit your CV, cover letter and links (Github/Gitlab/Portfolio etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you fit the criteria, you will take part in a 30-minute telephonic interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to our offices for a 1-hour in-person interview,
- If successful, you will be given a case study for you to solve & present back,
- If successful, Tripplo will conduct reference & background checks,
- If successful, you will receive a formal offer letter,
- If all parties are happy, we will onboard you onto the team.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful.Download as PDF