💻 Product Manager
Johannesburg - Engineering (Full Time)
🏢 About Tripplo
At Tripplo, our vision is to create the new standard for African road freight logistics by reinventing the way cargo moves. Headquartered in Johannesburg, our award winning road-freight logistics platform facilitates the safe & efficient movement of cargo between cargo customers & transporters across the African region. The platform also automates & optimises operations for transporters to significantly improve their efficiency & profitability whilst moving them away from manual operations.
In 2021, Fast Company awarded us South Africa’s Most Innovative Company in SouthAfrica alongside being named AfricArena’s Best Johannesburg Start-up in 2020.
💭 The Role
As a Product Manager you will lead the software product development process for the Tripplo software platform. You’ll play the role of strategist, planner, and executor from a product perspective to direct Tripplo into a world-class software platform. You will work closely with the founders, market stakeholders and developers to inform the strategy and development of the product.
- Setting the product vision and roadmap through stakeholder engagement.
- Actively drive the product development, including setting and testing hypotheses, doing customer research, writing user stories, managing sprints and backlog grooming.
- Manage the execution of the product development roadmap, ensuring that milestones are met, and progress is made in an ongoing iterative fashion.
- Lead collaboration within Tripplo’s internal team of growth hackers, UX designers and developers.
- Work with the team to build a solid and scalable product management capability and be a champion for our product centered methodology.
- Collaborate with strategic partner Product Managers to learn and inform growing Tripplo’s product management capability.
🎓 Required Skills & Competencies
- Hands-on experience as a product manager for at least 4-5 years.
- Track record of delivering successful B2B products into market
- Have worked directly with developers and designers to deliver products according to business timelines.
- Experience with multiple industries and cultures, preferably with exposure to logistics and fintech.
- Demonstrated track-record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies for a variety of different problem domains
- Up-to-date with the latest project management & product roadmap tools.
- Ability to create visualisations that keep stakeholders informed of the product progress.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Understanding of the road-freight logistics industry.
- A university degree.
- Agile certification.
- You will be building innovative world-class technology that is creating the new standard for African road-freight.
- You will be working in an exciting fast moving start-up environment where you can practise and harness your creativity and innovation.
- You have the freedom to grow your responsibilities inside a constantly evolving company.
- You will have access to & learn from the global strategic partnerships & network that Tripplo has buil
😎 Our Culture
- We foster a fun & interpersonal environment.
- We value & support each other as a team to ensure each team member realises their full potential & ultimately deliver quality as a team for all of our stakeholders.
- We welcome a diverse range of opinions, partners & doers in the journey.
- We ensure that feedback flows consistently & we continuously improve ourselves in all we do.
- We have a strong bias towards action
- We collaborate with teams from different parts of the world, different cultures, different time zones & different exposures which exposes you to different ways of working
- We give a high level of independence for you to foster & grow as an individual
- We are also incorporating new ways of working that are enhanced by technology
🪜 The Process
- Submit your CV, cover letter & other relevant application documentation to email@example.com
- If you fit the criteria, you will take part in a 30-minute telephonic interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to our offices for a 1-hour in-person interview,
- If successful, you will be given a case study for you to solve & present back,
- If successful, Tripplo will conduct reference & background checks,
- If successful, you will receive a formal offer letter,
- If all parties are happy, we will onboard you onto the team.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful.