💻 Product Manager
Johannesburg - Engineering (Full Time)
🏢 About Tripplo
At Tripplo, our vision is to create the new standard for African road freight logistics. Based in Johannesburg, we are building our own logistics platform that facilitates the safe & efficient movement of cargo across the SADC region. Our award winning platform also gives transporters technology to automate & optimise their operations for significantly better efficiency & profitability. This approach allows us to work towards becoming Africa’s largest transporter without owning a fleet of trucks.
Fast Company recently awarded us South Africa’s 2021 Most Innovative Company in South Africa and we were named AfricaArena’s Best Johannesburg Start-up in 2020.
💭 The Role
As a Product Manager you will lead the software product development process for the Tripplo software platform. You’ll play the role of strategist, planner, and executor from a product perspective to direct Tripplo into a world-class software platform. You will work closely with the founders, market stakeholders and developers to inform the strategy and development of the product.
- Setting the product vision and roadmap through stakeholder engagement.
- Actively drive the product development, including setting and testing hypotheses, doing customer research, writing user stories, managing sprints and backlog grooming.
- Manage the execution of the product development roadmap, ensuring that milestones are met, and progress is made in an ongoing iterative fashion.
- Lead collaboration within Tripplo’s internal team of growth hackers, UX designers and developers.
- Work with the team to build a solid and scalable product management capability and be a champion for our product centered methodology.
- Collaborate with strategic partner Product Managers to learn and inform growing Tripplo’s product management capability.
🎓 Required Skills & Competencies
- Hands-on experience as a product manager for at least 4-5 years.
- Track record of delivering successful B2B products into market
- Have worked directly with developers and designers to deliver products according to business timelines.
- Experience with multiple industries and cultures, preferably with exposure to logistics and fintech.
- Demonstrated track-record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies for a variety of different problem domains
- Up-to-date with the latest project management & product roadmap tools.
- Ability to create visualisations that keep stakeholders informed of the product progress.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Understanding of the road-freight logistics industry.
- A university degree.
- Agile certification.
- You will be building innovative world-class technology that is creating the new standard for African road-freight.
- You will be working in an exciting fast moving start-up environment where you can practise and harness your creativity and innovation.
- You have the freedom to grow your responsibilities inside a constantly evolving company.
- You will have access to & learn from the global strategic partnerships & network that Tripplo has buil
😎 Our Culture
- We foster a fun & interpersonal environment.
- We value & support each other as a team to ensure each team member realises their full potential & ultimately deliver quality as a team for all of our stakeholders.
- We welcome a diverse range of opinions, partners & doers in the journey.
- We ensure that feedback flows consistently & we continuously improve ourselves in all we do.
- We have a strong bias towards action
- We collaborate with teams from different parts of the world, different cultures, different time zones & different exposures which exposes you to different ways of working
- We give a high level of independence for you to foster & grow as an individual
- We are also incorporating new ways of working that are enhanced by technology
🪜 The Process
- Submit your CV, cover letter & other relevant application documentation to email@example.com
- If you fit the criteria, you will take part in a 30-minute telephonic interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to our offices for a 1-hour in-person interview,
- If successful, you will be given a case study for you to solve & present back,
- If successful, Tripplo will conduct reference & background checks,
- If successful, you will receive a formal offer letter,
- If all parties are happy, we will onboard you onto the team.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful.Download as PDF