🥇 Sales Manager
Johannesburg - Growth (Full Time) - Start-date: 01 September 2022 or earlier
🏢 About Tripplo
At Tripplo, our vision is to create the new standard for African road freight logistics by reinventing the way cargo moves. Headquartered in Johannesburg, our award winning road-freight logistics platform facilitates the safe & efficient movement of cargo between cargo customers & transporters across the African region. The platform also automates & optimises operations for transporters to significantly improve their efficiency & profitability whilst moving them away from manual operations.
In 2021, Fast Company awarded us South Africa’s Most Innovative Company in SouthAfrica alongside being named AfricArena’s Best Johannesburg Start-up in 2020.
💭 The Role
Tripplo is looking for a Sales Manager that will be responsible for growing the sales team dedicated to expanding our customer reach.
The Sales Managers' main responsibility is to grow their dedicated market to meet Tripplo’s targets and visions.
- Identify prospective customers, lead generation, and conversion.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss onboarding and developing opportunities.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Emphasize the features of Tripplo’s products to highlight how they solve customer problems.
- Answer questions about Tripplo’s products and services.
- Negotiate prices and terms and prepare sales agreements.
- Maintain contact lists and follow up with customers to continue relationships
- Use your customer service skills to listen to the concerns of a customer and be able to address their needs.
- Collaborate with Operations Manager and the rest of operation team to set strategies and implement best practices across their market.
- Create weekly sales reports.
🎓 Key Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business and / or Supply Chain or similar qualification
- At Least 3-5 years’ experience in a management role with experience in managing and developing customers.
- Experience and know-how in logistics and sales will be advantageous.
- Good presentation skills is essential.
- Must have good communication and the ability to deliver effective presentations to clients and stake holders
- A sales mindset with the ability to grow strong partnerships.
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders including operations.
- Excitement toward working and staying organized in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment.
- Portfolio of achievements growing a business or product and consistently exceeding revenue targets and company goals.
- Enthusiastic and motivational leadership mentality established through leading by example.
- You will be building innovative world-class technology that is creating the new standard for African road-freight.
- You will be working in an exciting fast moving start-up environment where you can practise and harness your creativity and innovation.
- You have the freedom to grow your responsibilities inside a constantly evolving company.
- You will have access to & learn from the global strategic partnerships & network that Tripplo has built
😎 Our Culture
- We foster a fun & interpersonal environment
- We value & support each other as a team to ensure each team member realises their full potential & ultimately deliver quality as a team for all of our stakeholders
- We welcome a diverse range of opinions, partners & doers in the journey.
- We ensure that feedback flows consistently & we continuously improve ourselves in all we do
- We have a strong bias towards action
- We collaborate with teams from different parts of the world, different cultures, different time zones & different exposures which exposes you to different ways of working
- We give a high level of independence for you to foster & grow as an individual
- We are also incorporating new ways of working that are enhanced by technology
🪜 The Process
- Submit your CV, cover letter & other relevant application documentation to email@example.com
- If you fit the criteria, you will take part in a 30-minute telephonic interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to our offices fora 1-hour in-person interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to a 2-hour case study,
- If successful, Tripplo will conduct reference & background checks,
- If successful, you will receive a formal offer letter,
- If all parties are happy, we will onboard you onto the team.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.