💻 Senior React.js Developer
Remote (Full Time)
🏢 About Tripplo
At Tripplo, our vision is to create the new standard for African road freight logistics. Based in Johannesburg, we are building our own logistics platform that facilitates the safe & efficient movement of cargo across the SADC region. Our award winning platform also gives transporters technology to automate & optimise their operations for significantly better efficiency & profitability. This approach allows us to work towards becoming Africa’s largest transporter without owning a fleet of trucks.
Fast Company recently awarded us South Africa’s 2021 Most Innovative Company in South Africa and we were named AfricaArena’s Best Johannesburg Start-up in 2020.
💭 The Role
We offer a high growth potential environment where a developer will be able to make decisions that affect the development of our platform. You will be exposed to a wide variety of technologies, especially in the cloud service space (Amazon Web Services) .
We are seeking a Senior React Developer whose primary function is to design and implement user-facing features for websites and applications using React.js. The incumbent will be responsible for the performance of our websites or applications to ensure a seamless experience for users.
👀 Minimum Requirements
- 3+ years commercial experience with React
- Solid knowledge of CSS, HTML, and other front-end languages
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles and frameworks
- State management experience with React Hooks & Redux
- Solid, working knowledge of writing unit tests (Jest, React-Testing Library)
- Strong understanding of Unit Testing practice
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorisation mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Working in a Scrum / Agile environment
- Experience with AWS
- Some Back-End experience and/or the desire to work in this area. At times you may need to help.
🧠 Skills & Competencies
- Must have a strong sense of customer focus.
- Ability to take accountability and entail great problem-solving skills.
- Excellent people management and relationship management skills.
- Must be results-driven.
- Portray strong attention to detail, whilst maintaining efficiency.
- Impressive planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Develop & Maintain user-facing features using React.js
- Make use of reusable components and front-end libraries for use across our platforms
- Optimise components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices & browsers
- Stay up-to-date on emerging code standards
- Maintain and implement code and design standards
- Mentor Junior and Intermediate React Developers
- Must have solid reliable high-speed internet with ability to have video teleconferencing daily
🪜 The Process
- Submit your CV, cover letter and links (Github/Gitlab/Portfolio etc) to email@example.com
- If you fit the criteria, you will take part in a 30-minute telephonic interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to our offices for a 1-hour in-person interview,
- If successful, you will be given a case study for you to solve & present back,
- If successful, Tripplo will conduct reference & background checks,
- If successful, you will receive a formal offer letter,
- If all parties are happy, we will onboard you onto the team.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful.