⏳ Team Assistant (Receptionist)
Bryanston (Full Time)
🏢 About Tripplo
At Tripplo, our vision is to create the new standard for African road freight logistics by reinventing the way cargo moves. Headquartered in Johannesburg, our award winning road-freight logistics platform facilitates the safe & efficient movement of cargo between cargo customers & transporters across the African region. The platform also automates & optimises operations for transporters to significantly improve their efficiency & profitability whilst moving them away from manual operations.
In 2021, Fast Company awarded us South Africa’s Most Innovative Company in SouthAfrica alongside being named AfricArena’s Best Johannesburg Start-up in 2020.
💭 The Role
Tripplo is looking for a TeamAssistant/Receptionist to join our passionate and driven team in Bryanston! The right candidate is an organized and self-motivated team player who will be responsible for providing administrative support to our office team as well as performing receptionist duties.
Beyond performing admin. Support duties, greeting office visitors, answering calls and emails, you'll have the opportunity to help shape the way we run our office.
🤝 Main Responsibilities
Team admin support
- Record, produce and distribute minutes of team meetings and follow up on outstanding items.
- Support Tripplo team meetings including agenda, pre-read, invitations, logistics, event coordination, etc.
- Manage hard copy and electronic files and records, document signing and maintain an adequate filing system.
- Prepare and create presentations, spreadsheets and databases as required.
- Organise and arrange travel itineraries for the team, such as: Flights, Vehicles, Accommodation, Visa administration (local and international).
- Coordination and administration of Operations/Sales meetings, conferences, workshops, etc (locally and internationally).
- Answer and screen telephone calls and e-mails and respond to and resolve any queries or escalate complex queries to the relevant team member.
- Greet clients, suppliers and other visitors and attend to their inquiries.
- Keep the reception area organised, tidy and welcoming to visitors.
Office Admin support
- Co-ordinate all the components (logistics, catering, etc.) of events, meetings and functions within budget and specifications for the team.
- Escalate faults and other housekeeping issues with the relevant service provider and ensure queries are resolved within the given timeframes.
- Order and control office supplies, stationery, refreshments, and equipment, in line with budget parameters.
- Receive, process & send PODs for customers.
Social media support
- Assist in writing social media content designed to engage followers and promote the brand in a positive manner.
- Assist in the creation and execution of social media campaigns to promote the brand.
- Conducts research to see what competitors are doing and to learn popular trends to incorporate in to the strategy.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding to complaints, questions and comments left on the company’s social media pages in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Continuously monitor site analytics to see what types of content followers respond to the most and adjusts the strategy accordingly.
🎓 Minimum Requirements
- Matric is essential. Tertiary education in Management, Marketing or Communications will be advantageous.
- Proven working experience in a similar role (Minimum 5 years’ experience).
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Written/verbal communication.
- Analytical skills.
- Outlook and MS Office proficiency.
- Excellent Power Point skills (non-negotiable).
- Social media management skills (non-negotiable).
- Proactive style and ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively.
- Capable of working efficiently in an international environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Display a level of integrity.
- Creative thinker with a passion for social media
- Extensive experience using popular social media platforms is a must, combined with a desire to keep up with current social media trends.
- Project and time management skills and experience
- You will assist with building innovative world-class technology that is creating the new standard for African road-freight.
- You will be working in an exciting fast moving start-up environment where you can practise and harness your creativity and innovation.
- You have the freedom to grow your responsibilities inside a constantly evolving company.
- You will have access to & learn from the global strategic partnerships & network that Tripplo has built
😎 Our Culture
- We foster a fun & interpersonal environment
- We value & support each other as a team to ensure each team member realises their full potential & ultimately deliver quality as a team for all of our stakeholders
- We welcome a diverse range of opinions, partners & doers in the journey.
- We ensure that feedback flows consistently & we continuously improve ourselves in all we do
- We have a strong bias towards action
- We collaborate with teams from different parts of the world, different cultures, different time zones & different exposures which exposes you to different ways of working
- We give a high level of independence for you to foster & grow as an individual
- We are also incorporating new ways of working that are enhanced by technology
🪜 The Process
- Submit your CV, cover letter & other relevant application documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you fit the criteria, you will take part in a 30-minute telephonic interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to our offices fora 1-hour in-person interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to a 2-hour case study,
- If successful, Tripplo will conduct reference & background checks,
- If successful, you will receive a formal offer letter,
- If all parties are happy, we will onboard you onto the team.
If you have not heard back from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.