Updated July 2021
Please read the policy carefully and pay special attention to the content herewith as they may limit our liability (responsibility) or involve some risk to you.
Welcome to Tripplo!
2. Your consent
4. Personal information
The protection of your personal information is very important to us, and we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information provided by you, or which is collected from you, or a third party is kept secure and confidential.
Personal information is information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person or existing juristic person, that relates to, among others, the race, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, physical, mental, spiritual, economic, cultural or social identity; their health, educational or financial history; as well as identifying numbers and addresses including biometric information belonging to either an identifiable living natural person or an existing juristic person“the Personal Information”).
In order for us to provide our services in the way that is it intended and to the best of our abilities, Tripplo will be required to collect the Personal Information which includes but is not limited to your financial information, your name, age and employee number, salary information and bank account details Collection of the Personal Information is done:
▪ automatically when you visit our website or use our application;
▪ as part of the registration process through yourself and your employer;
▪ through a withdrawal request;
▪ when you provide voluntarily through surveys or questionnaires.
Reasons we need to process your Personal Information:
▪ to meet our responsibilities and obligations to you;
▪ to process your withdrawal requests;
▪ to be able to offer and send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you but will only do so with your permission;
▪ to provide our services to the best of our abilities;
▪ for ordinary business purposes (this includes to open and maintain your profile, give effect to transactions, administer queries where applicable, manage our risks and maintain our overall relationship with you);
▪ carry out statistical and other analyses to identify potential markets and trends, evaluate and improve our business (this includes improving existing and developing new products and services);
▪ tell you about services and products available;
▪ make sure our business suits your needs; and
▪ comply with applicable regulations.
We will only disclose your personal information if:
▪ it is required by law or as described in the Protection of Personal Information Act;
▪ we have a public duty to disclose the information;
▪ our or your legitimate interests require disclosure; or
▪ you consent that we may disclose your information.
5. Acceptance, changes, consent and modification
Consent and Modification
6. Security, Storage and Confidentiality
We understand the value of your personal information and the damage that exposure to such information can cause and therefore Tripplo will take all reasonable steps to protect the PersonalInformation from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Your Personal Information is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards and firewalls to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
Tripplo recognises the need for appropriate protection and management of the personal information you share with us. We protect the Personal Information using Secure Socket Layer(“SSL”) encryption technology and by limiting employee access on a need-to-know basis. We store data in encrypted form on computers and control access via secure web pages. We employ firewalls and other security technologies to protect our servers from external attack.
Our security systems meet or exceed industry standards and we are constantly monitoring internet developments to ensure our systems evolve as required. We also test our systems regularly to make sure our security mechanisms are up to date.
Finally, we are subject to South African data protection laws, including the Constitution of theRepublic of South Africa 1996, Protection of Personal Information Act 2013, the ElectronicCommunications and Transactions Act, 2002, the Regulation of Interception of Communication Act2002, the National Credit Act 2005 read with the National Credit Amendment Act 2014 and theConsumer Protection Act 2008 which we comply with fully and give the greatest respect.
7. Contact Forms
When you make use of our online contact forms you provide us with your Personal Information voluntarily and consent to our storage and use thereof. We will store and use this information according to the terms of this agreement.
8. Links to other websites
Our website, related websites and mobile applications may have links to or from other websites.Although we try to link only to websites that also have high privacy standards, we are not responsible for their security, privacy practices or content. We recommend that you always read theprivacy and security statements on these websites.
9. Monitoring of electronic communications
We communicate with you through different methods and channels. If allowed by law, we may record and monitor electronic communications to make sure that they comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and internal policies.
10. Monitoring and analysis
We will monitor and analyse your profile for verification, fraud, compliance and other risk- related purposes as required by law.
11. Additional data collection
12. Right to request access to your personal information
As aforementioned, we are committed to the protection of your personal information and any information disclosed to third parties is only done so with our knowledge and express authorisation.You are entitled to request access to your Personal Information at any time. It is of the upmost importance that you ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date and to request that inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, outdated, misleading or unlawfully obtained information be corrected, deleted or in the case of a dispute, indicate that a correction has been requested, but not made.
13. Which laws apply?
14. Queries and complaints
Should you have any queries, please contact Tripplo’s appointed information regulator on +27 87 702 7991 or email@example.com. You further have a right to file a complaint with us or the Information Regulator by email atcomplaints.IR@justice.gov.za about an alleged contravention of the protection of your personal information. We ask that should you have any complaints that you afford us the opportunity to alleviate your concerns before approaching the information regulator.