💸 Chief Financial Officer
Johannesburg - Finance (Full Time) - Start Date: 1 September 2022
💭 The Role
Tripplo is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join the Senior Leadership Team who will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operations Officer & the Chief Technology Officer, to drive high-growth expansion of the business into multiple geographies.
The CFO will play a vital & strategic role in leading the setup, execution & management of the finance, accounting, people, culture, legal, commercial, compliance, risk management, business continuity & internal operations across the company’s global operations, which are all important to set up the business for sustainable growth.
The CFO will work closely with the CEO to report on business & financial performance to the Board and its subcommittees. The CFO will also manage the commercial aspects to support the company’s growth & expansion. The CFO will also work closely with the CEO on fundraising process including deal room execution & due diligences.
- Manage the financial & commercial functions at headquarters & across multiple geographies, with the following responsibilities across all operations:
- Financial & management accounting management across multiple geographies, with reporting functions for internal & external purposes.
- Comprehensive budgeting with close tracking & active cashflow management.
- Preparing board decks and reporting to Board on business performance, risk and all other matters relevant to the Board.
- Preparing annual financial statements & managing the full audit process.
- Financial analysis, and incorporating data analytics in reporting to support decision making
- Ensuring 100% tax compliance at all times across all geographies
- Capacitating the people & culture functions with scale in mind.
- Managing legal engagements across various legal requirements, including securing Tripplo’s IP.
- Managing the commercial functions including pricing across multiple revenue streams &customer deal negotiations, in conjunction with the growth team.
- Ensuring 100% compliance with various requirements to operate in each geography.
- Creating, executing & managing the risk management function whilst ensuring company-wide training to ensure risk is managed actively.
- Offering fundraising support including financial modelling, full deal room preparations, andvaluations.
- Crafting & executing business continuity plans
- Managing support operations across multiple functions.
🎓 Key Requirements
- CA (SA).
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience, experience in logistics or supply chain industry preferable.
- Experience working in a start-up or high growth business would be preferable
- Strong planning &execution skills.
- Experience hiring & managing subordinate teams.
- Hands-on approach & problem-solving abilities critical.
- Experience with accounting software, dashboards, data visualisation tools such as power BI, qlikview or equivalent & other reporting tools.
- Strategic view of finance & accounting with ability to dive into the detail.
- Passion for technology & logistics with high propensity to learn quickly.
- Creative problem solving & ability to handle high levels of pressure.
- Strong relationship skills & ability to work with people at all levels within an organisation
- Strong teamwork & cross collaboration capabilities
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Understanding of the road-freight logistics industry.
- A university degree.
- Agile certification.
- You will have the opportunity to partner with the founder to build & influence the financial elements of the company as part of the founding team.
- You will participate in the company’s shareholding through an employee share option program (ESOP).
- Working in an exciting start-up environment that is scaling into a global company, with your involvement at the forefront of that global scaling efforts.
- Ability to create a business function to your satisfaction with high autonomy
- You will get exposed to a fantastic investor network & blue-chip partner operations that Tripplo has partnered with.
- Ability to grow withSouth Africa as well into other geographies.
😎 Our Culture
- We foster a fun & interpersonal environment.
- We value & support each other as a team to ensure each team member realises their full potential & ultimately deliver quality as a team for all of our stakeholders.
- We welcome a diverse range of opinions, partners & doers in the journey.
- We ensure that feedback flows consistently & we continuously improve ourselves in all we do.
- We have a strong bias towards action
- We collaborate with teams from different parts of the world, different cultures, different time zones & different exposures which exposes you to different ways of working
- We give a high level of independence for you to foster & grow as an individual
- We are also incorporating new ways of working that are enhanced by technology
🪜 The Process
- Submit your CV, cover letter & other relevant application documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you fit the criteria, you will take part in a 30-minute telephonic interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to our offices for a 1-hour in-person interview,
- If successful, you will be invited to meet the Board of Directors & Advisors,
- If successful, Tripplo will conduct reference & background checks,
- If successful, you will receive a formal offer letter,
- If all parties are happy, we will onboard you onto the team with the signing of the employment contract & ESOP agreement.